Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Drawing in the Fresh Air

Lately I've taken to drawing outside as much as possible.  Now that I'm working, I just don't get outside as much as I would like, so I found that forcing myself to do art outdoors kills two birds with one stone.
I'm not sure how much longer this lovely trend can continue, what with the weather turning colder already, but for the moment at least I'm enjoying it.  (Although I now have a set of sunburned shoulders...)

This is my favorite spot of all.  It's a picnic table on the far side of the lake near where I live, tucked a bit away from the path.  It's beautiful and partly shaded -- you can't get much more perfect than this spot.


So far most of what I've been drawing has been the Mad Jack project (which I can't share with you juuuust yet -- spoilers!) and just warm up drawings to get myself back in the habit of drawing for fun.

But tomorrow I have some exciting news to share, so check back!
Hint: something is coming in the mail. Something I've been working on for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment